Over the past 10+ years, I have accumulated a diverse analytical skill set that has allowed me to communicate data driven business insights.
• Formulate, troubleshoot, and optimize report logic in SSRS using SQL queries to support multiple sales teams and help identify customer and product growth trends and track sales quota attainment.
• Implemented use of Power BI for multiple sales teams and internal support teams to provide advanced data visualizations and dashboards that highlight performance on key metrics.
• Create ad-hoc reports in Excel using Power Query and Pivot Tables from Sales Cubes data sources, providing valuable data driven insights to support management decisions.
• Manage report subscription distribution and automated schedules in SSRS Report Manager and Power BI.
• Collaborate with international BI team to ensure data ETL processes are up to date and communicate any issues or delays to stake holders.
• Increased sales by more than 20% YoY each of the last 2 years by optimizing SEO and advertising for each individual listing.
• Analyze periodic sales to formulate strategies for new listings in the upcoming months and seasons.
• Created decomposition tree visualization in Power BI to drive advertising timing and budget decisions
• Collaborated with IT development team to create new stored procedures and jobs that automated manual processes and helped increase efficiency within the Internal Audit Department.
• Create Ad-Hoc reports in SQL and Excel to identify automated process errors and train Internal Audit staff on how to make proper corrections.
• Supervise analyst team that updates rates and commissions in the sales application program.
• Process daily billing files to send, receive, and process from VISA, MC, AMEX, DISCOVER, ACH, and BOM . Compile and analyze all incoming and outgoing data.
• Implemented new commission procedures for nationwide personal training packages that saved the company in overpaid commissions to employees.
• Collaborate with Internal Audit staff to ensure new procedures work properly and efficiently while progressing to a fully automated process.
• Process daily billing files to send, receive, and process from VISA, MC, AMEX, DISCOVER, ACH, MONERIS, and BOM. Compile and analyze all incoming and outgoing data.
• Worked together with C-Level management during the acquisition of multiple companies and provided analytical support to update and merge billing data.
• Improved collection percentage on declined accounts by analyzing return codes from Credit Cards. Provided insight that led to new billing strategies based on timing collection calls that required coordination with more than 1000 employees across the nation.
• Coordinate with Executive VPs of Sales, CFO, and IT team, on a bi-weekly basis to establish national rates and commission structures for more than 700 clubs by evaluating previous monthly sales and making optimal adjustments to drive revenue.
• Saved hours of labor each bi-weekly pay period by creating a process to review and verify commissions of all employees internationally to ensure that all commissions were valid and in agreement with company guidelines.
• Support IT and sales staff in entering, testing, and ensuring accuracy of in-house sales operations software related to national sales, corporate sales, and marketing materials.
• Facilitated communication between VPs in the US, Canada, and corporate office on a daily basis to determine if any special rates were needed in order to increase sales to reach monthly goals.
• Provide detailed analysis and insights of company enrollments and employee usage to maintain agreements and negotiate renewals of large corporate accounts.
• Created an internal sales report using pivot tables to audit each sale and verify corporate enrollments. This led to reduced fraudulent use of discounted corporate rates.
• Collaborated with IT to create a new web based application to be used that would provide vouchers for prospective companies to enroll new memberships and allow the corporate office to track and audit each individual companies’ enrollments and usage.
• Executed periodic audit reports that helped minimize human errors in data entry.
• Worked with Visa, MC, American Express, and Discover to resolve over 100 daily customer disputes and chargebacks by providing the necessary information.
• Streamlined the internal response process for disputes and chargebacks by creating templates for each possible response.
• Managed membership accounts and responded to complaints and inquiries.
• Called and collected balances on delinquent LA Fitness membership accounts daily.
Apart from being a Data Analyst, I am a HUGE sports fan. I grew up in the Bay Area as an avid 49ers, Warriors, and Giants fan and have been a 49ers Season Ticket Holder since when Levi's Stadium opened. I try and venture up for a couple games a year.
Outside of sports, I follow a number of sci-fi and fantasy genre movies and television shows (e.g. Game of Thrones, Black Mirror, Fringe, Star Wars, and the MCU to name a few). I also maintain my physical fitness by hiking outdoors and powerlifting at the gym.
I spend a large amount of my free time exploring the latest advancements in the world of analytics. I go through online classes on Udemy, Coursera, and EdX to keep my skills fresh and up to date. I also attended the SQL Pass Summit for the first time in 2019 and am looking forward to being more involved in the data community!